Monday, April 23, 2012

Surgery update

So, I had a total hysterectomy 10 days ago.  They basically removed the uterus, tubes, ovaries, and cervix.  They also took a few lymph nodes to check to see if the cancer has spread.  The doctor said he didn't see any signs that it has, but we won't know for sure until the lab reports come back.  My follow up visit with him is on the 30th.  I don't know if there will be any new information before then. 
I ended up staying in the hospital 4 nights.  It wasn't that bad, I basically just tried to ignore everything and sleep as much as I could.  I'm feeling pretty good, still have some pain, but the worst part is how bloated I am.  I hope this goes away once my body heals more.  Here's a cute kitty picture to apologize for my whining!


That's Bluebelle--she likes to sleep on the pillows and purr really loud.  =)

Ok, I confess.  I'm not really 29.  I know this comes as a shocker, but it's true.  I'm actually 44 and now in what I believe is called surgical menopause.  I asked the doctor when the menopause symptoms start and he said they could start immediately.   Luckily, I haven't had any symptoms at all.  I don't know if natural menopause would have been this easy or not, but I haven't had any hot flashes or been moody (that I've noticed).  I asked my husband and he said I was cranky once in the hospital, but I'm not going to count that. lol.

I want to thank everyone for their support/prayers/good thoughts. I'll update when I learn more or think of something else to talk about. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment