Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jello and other things.

First off, I want to say thanks to all the people who sent messages and have been so sweet.   I really appreciate the kindness and support. 

I'm feeling really good, just full of nerves.  I'm ready to get the surgery over and see what's next.  
 When they called to set the surgery, I was put on a liquid diet, so basically I can only have clear liquids, broth, and Jello.  I'm not really a Jello fan, and I couldn't even get Oscar to try it, which should tell you something--that dog will eat anything. 

I met with the Oncologist this morning and my surgery is set for tomorrow AM.  They're doing a hysterectomy and taking the ovaries and tubes as well.  He's also going to collect some lymph nodes and dig around to see if he can see any signs that it has spread.  Hopefully not!  I'll be in the hospital for 3ish days.  I'll be honest, I'm a little freaked out by the fact that tomorrow someone will be rooting around in my innards. lol.

I'll know more about the stage of cancer after surgery, but we were told it is very rare and a grade 3 (on a scale of 1-3) type cancer, which means it is the most serious.  I'm still trying to stay positive and will fight my hardest to beat it.  I'll update when I'm home from the hospital if I have more info.  Next time more cute pet pics, I promise.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment